National Water Commission Lucea Hanover.
Address: 28 Barbados Av Kingston 5 Jamaica
Contact: 876-929-5430, 876-929-5431
Hanover is served with water from large treatment plants, operated by the National Water Commission. Deep rural areas all have small systems that are treated before distribution.
In order to improve the efficiency of the work of Sogea-Satom, selected to increase the drinking water treatment plant capacity in Great River and install the iron supply main pipe DN 500 to Lucea , National Water Commission asked WMI to audit and improve the distribution network of areas affected by such investments.
Description of WMI services
- Audit and diagnosis of supply and distribution network and rehabilitation construction work (350 km)
- Inventory and GIS mapping of the complete network (fittings + facilities)
- Measurement of flow and pressures
- Campaign of leaks detection and repairs
- DMA Establishment
- Management of pressure
- Prevention of tanks’ “overflows”
- 15 % Reduction of the real water losses
- 950 leaks repaired
- Installation of regulation valves and pressure modulation systems
- Sectorization and installation of boundaries valves and production meters