“To contribute to the improved quality of life of all Jamaicans through social transformation by facilitating and providing quality, affordable shelter solutions with security of tenure.”
The Housing Agency of Jamaica (HAJ) is a land and housing development company that provides shelter solutions for Jamaicans islandwide. Wholly owned by the local government, HAJ falls under the umbrella of the Ministry of Transport, Works and Housing, and its core services include providing shelter solutions on the open market, mortgage servicing and upgrading informal settlements.
Goals & Objectives:
• To provide affordable housing solutions.
• To regularise and upgrade select informal settlements through social intervention and infrastructural development.
• To work closely with all partners, i.e. community-based organisations, and other stakeholders and interest groups to encourage and foster community-based development and empowerment.
• To ensure customer compliance with required payments so as to facilitate financial sustainability.
• To adhere to the standards stipulated by NEPA and other regulatory agencies during development.
• To provide security of tenure by ensuring provision of property titles to purchasers.
13 Caledonia Avenue
Kingston 5, Jamaica
(P.O. Box 701)
Tel: (876) 968-7522-4, 968-7536-9
Fax: (876) 929-5908
1 Bravo Street, St. Ann’s Bay
Tel: (876) 972-8648, 972-0238, 972-2755
Albion Road, Montego Bay
Tel: (876) 940-2559, 940-5539, 940-2560
Fax: (876) 940-0311
Barracks Road, Savanna-La-Mar
Tel: (876) 918-3370, 918-3541
Fax: (876) 918-3332
Mondays – Fridays, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.